My Roof Is Leaking! What Should I do?
Whether it’s new construction or an older roof in need of repair, roof leaks are not uncommon. In Florida weather, particularly during hurricane season, stormy weather, and heavy winds can cause wear and tear on your shingle, metal, or tile roof.
So, besides getting a bucket to collect those unwanted drips, how can you detect the source of the problem?
- Take a close look at your roof to see if you have any loose or missing shingles that may have resulted from recent storm damage.
- Inspect flashing (the pieces between the seams and joints), which can also be susceptible to storm damage and wear and tear.
- Check vents, dormers, and chimneys, as they can also be sources for leaks.
- Check your attic for evidence of water stains or signs of mold among your roof rafters.
- Look for small nail holes resulting from mounting satellite dish brackets, which can allow water to enter the roof undetected.
Even a small leak can cause significant damage to your home, so don’t wait to get professional help. Give us a call and schedule a time for us to come out to your home and provide an inspection.
Our roofing contractors are well-trained and have years of experience in roofing repairs. Our technicians will provide a thorough inspection and determine the source of the problem and the repairs needed. And, we’ll not only work efficiently to fix your current roof problems but also prevent future ones. Our goal is to provide a long-term solution to extend the life of your roof in a cost-effective manner and ensure you’re protected from future roof leaks and further damage.